Milestones Trust support people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia in the Bristol area to live as they choose. Our person-centered services include residential and nursing care homes, day services, home care and supported living.
A social club has been set up which is available to all of Milestones Trust's service users, and we are looking for a volunteer activity leader to support with the development of the club. The role will involve supporting the social club on Friday evenings at approx. 6:30pm - 8:30pm. The venue is St Johns Church Hall in Fishponds.
The volunteer role will involve:
- Supporting other activity leaders to arrange activities for each week and to develop and co-ordinate them.
- Contribute to ideas for events and support to plan events.
- Support and encourage service users to take part and enjoy the evening.
- Support to promote membership of the club.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has lots of enthusiasm and ideas for activities.
- Can help to organise and motivate people.
- Has good communication skills and an understanding of supporting others.
- Is reliable and available of Friday evenings until approx. 8:30pm
The club has been running for 9 months and has developed to be something really positive that the service users really enjoy. It is overall managed by a Home Manager, who will offer full support to the volunteer, complete an induction with you and offer training when required.
If this is something you would like to get involved in or would like more information please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
Please note due to the nature of our service user group a DBS check will be carried out and references will be taken up.