Milestones Trust support people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia in the Bristol area to live as they choose. Our person-centred services include residential and nursing care homes, day services, home care and supported living. Milestones Trust is about enabling people to be happy, independent and in control of their own lives in the community.
Milestones Trust run a social club on Friday evenings in Fishponds for service users and a drumming kit has recently been purchased and we are looking for a volunteer to support service users to learn the basics of drumming.
The exciting role will involve:
- Supporting a very keen service user the basic techniques of drumming, along with some other interested service users.
- To interact with service users with a range of learning disabilities and engage them in understanding basic drumming.
We are looking for a volunteer who:
- Is experienced and has knowledge of drumming.
- Is understanding and has good communication skills.
- Is patient to go at individuals own pace.
- Has the ability to make this fun.
- Is reliable and able to volunteer on a Friday from 6:00pm-7:30pm.
Staff will always be present for questions, advice and support. The manager will welcome you to the social club and introduce you to the service users, which will help familiarise you with them and the venue. You would also be welcome to stay on for further activities during the remainder of the evening, which goes on until 8:30pm.
If this is something you would like to get involved with please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
Please note as our residents are vulnerable adults a DBS check will be carried out and references will be taken up.